South from Aswan:
• Abu Simbel
Sightseeing in Aswan:
• Philae Temple (during the day)
• Unfinished obelisk
• Kalabsha temple
• Aswan Museum: Excavation site on Elephantine
• Animalia: Nubia Life, History, Culture and Environment
• Nubia Museum
• Tombs of the Nobles and Qubbet El Hawa
• Monastery of Simeon
• Inscriptions at Seheyl Island
In and around Luxor
• Sightseeing in Luxor: eastbank / westbank side:
Karnak and Luxor Temple, Valley of the Kings, Hatchepsut,
Medinat Habu, Deir al Medina and many more tombs / temples
• Hot Air Balloon in Luxor
The suq is not only a
typical "tourist bazar" but also the place where inhabitants go for shopping.
The Botanical Garden is an island for Aswan families and lovers to chill out. Be our guest and visit the places we love.
• Botanical Garden on Kitchener Island
• Souk: the market to shop in Aswan
• Brooke Hospital for Animals: A charity helping working horses, donkeys and mules
• Camel market in Daraw (transfer by car)
• Elephantine-Island (the island across from Aswan
with 2 Nubian villages)
• Sahel Island (opposite Old Dam)
• Gharb Sahel Village (at the westbanks - south of Aswan)
• Gharb Aswan (at the westbanks - north of Aswan)
Nubia. Nubia is the old word for gold and this was reason enough for the pharaos to conquer this country. Nubia begins south of Aswan and goes right down into Sudan. Because of the construction of the Highdam a lot of Nubian villages were flooded and the residents had to be resettled in Aswan, Luxor, Qena, a lot of them as far north as Cairo. Even more Nubians moved to Sudan.
The Nubian people treasure their own culture, their own language, their traditions, their music. The Nubian villages are completly different than Egyptian towns: they are quiet and time seems to tick more slowly. There are a lot of Nubian villages all around Aswan.
Moses toured already on the River Nile in a basket.
But its a lot more luxurious to travel the distance of 220 km between Aswan and Luxor with a 4- or 5-stars Nile Cruise Boat.
• Last Minute Nile Cruises
• With motorboat to Crocodile Island on Lake Nasser
• Transfer from Aswan to Luxor / Luxor to Aswan
with stops at the temples in Komombo and Edfu
(It is also possible to stop at El Kab, Esna and / or Silsila and during each the weekend there is also camelmarket in Daraw).
Or you use this service to get picked up from the felucca somewhere between Aswan and Edfu and drive to Luxor.